25 Oct 2017
Creating a shared understanding around adoption: Stakeholders Roundtable organized by Tata Trusts and Nexleaf Analytics
The session will bring together stakeholders to share their understanding of adoption. It will also focus on how different organisations are measuring it and what level of adoption have they achieved based on their respective assessments. It will attempt at setting a common vision for achieving adoption in the next five years.
The key questions to be discussed during the session are:
- How do we define adoption of clean cooking solutions?
- Does sale of clean cooking devices define adoption? Or,
- Is it defined by sustained use? Over what period of time? Or,
- Can we define it in terms of average hours of usage? Or,
- Do we define it in terms of percentage of total cooking? Or,
- Is it defined in terms of percentage replacement of tradition cookstoves?
- What is the threshold at which we define adoption for each of these?
- Are we measuring/assessing it in our respective programs? How? Which of the above are we measuring?
- Where are we right now and where would we like to be – in our respective programs and initiatives? And as a sector?
The session will have the discussants share their thoughts and experiences on the above questions in order to build a common narrative around adoption.
- Shared understanding and standard definitions for adoption: An adoption grid defining various levels and types of adoption for the sector as a whole.
- Core group for joint adoption study: Identification of interested actors for designing a joint study on adoption.